I’m pretty sure I’m going to walk into work this morning and ask for 3-day weekends every weekend. It just seems like I can get so much more done with that extra day. I think I know how the conversation is going to go but a girl can dream, right?
I had a pretty busy weekend with all of the Easter prep that I had to get done. I wasn’t even hosting but I did have a turkey and 2 pies to make. Yes, a turkey. And it was delicious.
After all of the thought and planning that went into that turkey and pies I find myself sitting there on Sunday night wishing I didn’t have to think about what I was going to make for dinners this week. Enter Hello Fresh. I’m sure you have seen the meal delivery services that are available today and I finally had the chance to try this one out last week. What a concept: they give you 3 delicious recipes for the week AND bring all of the ingredients for the recipes right to your door. Pretty convenient, right?
When I saw the recipes that I would be receiving I was pretty excited: Chicken Yakitori, Steak Tagliata and Spring Tortellini Gratin. A boxed showed up at my door with all of the ingredients to make these meals. Everything for each recipe was included in separated packages, perfectly portioned. Again, how convenient! The ingredients were fresh and the meats all looks delicious.
My fiance and I decided to cook the Steak Tagliata on a Friday night for a little date night at home. It was really fun to cook a new recipe together, sip on some wine and enjoy a home cooked meal that we made together. We then decided to make the Chicken Yakitori for lunch the next day and I was really impressed with that recipe as well.
Overall, all 3 recipes were delicious and flavored perfectly. All of the Hello Fresh recipes are created by their team of chefs and checked by dietitians to make sure that they are balanced and nutritious. The other thing that I love is that the meals are perfectly portioned for 2 people. You can also order servings for 4. The shipment included easy to follow instructions with photos, which makes it simple for even beginner cooks to follow along.
Today I’m sharing the recipe for the Chicken Yakitori that I received. This recipe includes a delicious hoisin glaze for the chicken and perfectly seasoned noodles. You can easily run out and grab all of the ingredients for this meal or try out Hello Fresh for yourself!
I’m excited to announce that Hello Fresh is offering up 1 week of meals to one of my lucky readers! Here’s your chance to try out their delivery service and let me know what you think. Hello Fresh delivers nationwide so this contest is open to everyone!
- 8 ounces chicken breast
- 8 ounces Chuka Soba Noodles
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 scallions
- 4 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Soak 4 wooden skewers in a shallow dish filled with water to prevent them from burning. Thinly slice the scallions, keeying the white and green parts separate. Trim and halve the green beans, Halve, peel and thinly slice the red onion. Mince or grate the garlic. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, half the soy sauce and Â½ tablespoon olive oil. Toss the chicken and set aside to marinate.
- Heat Â½ tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and cook, tossing occasionally for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the marinade, then thread it onto the skewers. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until caramelized and cooked through.
- While the chicken bakes, add another 1 tablespoon oil to the pan with the onions. Add â of the noodles, green beans, scallion whites and Â¼ cup water to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until water evaporates and green beans become crisp-tender. Cook another 4-5 minutes, without stirring, until noodles begin to crisp on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and glaze it with half the hoisin sauce. Then return the baking sheet to the oven and cook for another 2 minutes to set the glaze.
- Toss the noodles with the remaining soy sauce, remaining hoisin sauce and as much Sriracha as you dare.
- Serve the chicken skewers over the noodles and sprinkle with scallion greens.
Hello Fresh provided me with the meals free of charge. All opinions expressed are my own.